Last Updated on 4 weeks
The Dodge RAM 1500 comes with several amenities that aren’t often found in pickup trucks. It’s the only pickup truck with air suspension available on the market as an option, for example.
This feature essentially makes the RAM 1500 comfier than its main competitors, the Ford F-150 and Chevy Silverado 1500.
However, to enjoy the luxury, you must also have the greatest tires available. You should try it if you haven’t already. The best tires for RAM 1500 are required to retain the smooth ride quality.
You get to drive in comfort while maintaining complete control of your vehicle, overcoming adverse weather conditions, and having the same tires for an extended period.
The Dodge Ram 1500 is a top-of-the-line, evenly-riding pickup truck that consistently rates first in its class. Maybe you’re looking for the toughest tires that will last the longest on your Ram 1500.
Or maybe you’re a penny-pinching Scrooge who only wants the cheapest tires your limited budget will allow.
The problem is that selecting the correct tires for your RAM 1500 might be a challenge. The rationale is simple: today’s tires are separated into numerous kinds.
The climate is the first and most evident. Every tire is designed to work in a specified temperature range and will not work in all conditions.
Tires are also different depending on the driver’s requirements. There are tires for driving slowly and leisurely and tires for driving quickly through curves.
Not only that but there’s more! Tires for pickup vehicles like the RAM 1500 are different depending on the terrain.
To be more specific, some tires are better for road use, while others are better for off-road use. But isn’t this quite obvious that we stand here to save you from this trouble?
Fortunately, you’ve arrived at the ideal location to discover everything you need to know about pickup truck tires.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Tires for Ram 1500
Investing in the best tires is an excellent method to look after both your truck and yourself. You need to get as much comfort as possible and concentrate on other issues that aren’t tire-related.
Along the sidewall of each tire is a string of features that describe vital information such as tire type, width, and so on.
Understanding exactly what this writing signifies can be difficult for a newcomer. Whatever your requirements are, we hope that our guide to the finest tire alternatives for the Ram 1500 crossover will be of assistance.
- Performance tires are designed to give you more confidence in your handling, superior wet and dry grip, and a sportier feel. Their increased grip and speed classifications come at the cost of diminished tread life and riding comfort.
- All-terrain tires are designed to maximize off-road traction while still providing good overall durability. Because of their structure, they produce more noise and provide less convenience on the road, but they provide adequate adhesion and tread wear in the winter. The RAM 1500, despite its AWD version’s ability to traverse difficult terrains, isn’t primarily an off-road pickup truck.
Even so, if you have an itch for off-roading that you can’t scratch unless you go so often, all-terrain tires will prove up to the task.
All-terrain tires, in addition to providing more traction on difficult terrain than their highway or touring equivalents, also provide great grip.
The 3PMSF symbol appears on some of these tires, indicating that they can be used in thick snow.
- Winter and snow tires are constructed with specific rubber compounds that keep traction and pliability even when the temperature drops. They’re also designed with unique tread patterns to improve the vehicle’s potential to start and stop on slick surfaces.
- Touring and all-season tires offer a smooth ride, excellent wet and dry traction, adequate winter traction, and prolonged tire life. These tires are suitable for winter use, but they will not provide the same traction and stopping ability as a specialist winter tire.
- Mud-Terrain Tires For RAM 1500 drivers, mud-terrain tires are a double-edged sword. Off-road performance is far superior to that of all-terrain tires. These tires can also handle snow, mud, gravel, and other difficult road conditions considerably more easily. M/T tires, on the other hand, will be extremely loud on the highway. The very same sidewalls that render them so tough off-road also make them so unpleasant on the highway. Finally, if you choose M/T tires, you’ll need to have a different set for everyday driving.
The Dodge Ram’s tire sizes vary depending on the model and trim, however, they commonly range from 18 to 22 inches.
If you wish to update your tire size or change the tread type, your budget, as well as usage, will influence whether you should do so.
You can modify the overall size of your tire as long as the center is the correct size.
Tires must be sized appropriately for your vehicle for it to work correctly. There are many brands of tires with various sizes on the market today, but there are only roughly two well-known and common sizes to utilize.
To determine the correct tire size, refer to the size of prior tires or read the manufacturer’s instructions. It will help to reduce the regrettable mix-ups that occur.
- 275/65R18 116T tires are standard on the Ram 1500 with 18-inch wheels. The tires
could be the Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT or the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W A, depending on the setup.
- 275/55R20 113T tires are standard on the Ram 1500 with 20-inch wheels. Nexen Roadian HTX RH5, Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza, or Wildpeak A/T3W A tires may be used depending on the setup.
- 285/45R22 114H XL tires are standard on Ram 1500s with 22-inch wheels. Goodyear Eagle Touring tires were originally installed on these trucks.
You may be exposed to loud noise if you use substandard products. Above all, you must locate a high-quality tire that will provide quiet and smooth running.
Only then would this not be a distraction to you or those around you, ensuring your safety and the safety of those around you.
It is not possible to drive tires with inadequate traction because this will cause you to experience unforeseen troubles. Excellent traction tires should be considered.
It’s best to choose tires that have excellent traction on both wet and dry surfaces. This feature’s comprehensiveness will assure your safety and the protection of others around you.
The compound is the most important part of a tire. Depending upon the tire type, this compound is meant to perform in a specified temperature range.
For example, all-season tires contain a base compound that is designed to perform in a wide variety of temperatures, from frigid winter nights to hot summer days.
Most all-season tires are designed for warm weather rather than cold, a set of true winter tires may be a better alternative in the winter.
Today’s all-season tires come in a variety of styles, including highway, touring, all-terrain, and street/sport. They are the most popular tire type on the market.
Winter tires are made to perform better in extremely cold temperatures. They offer a softer tread compound that retains its properties even at the coldest temperatures.
They also have a considerably more noticeable and deeper tread layout with many sipes than any other tire type, making them significantly better on snow and ice.
Winter tires, on the other hand, are useless in hot weather.
Summer tires are only meant to be used in hotter weather. These tires will provide you with the greatest driving experience possible during the summer.
They are more sensitive, have more traction, brake harder, and have significantly superior cornering grip.
Summer tires, on the other hand, are mostly provided as Street/Sport tires for enthusiasts who don’t mind upgrading them when the temperature drops.
For you to make your ultimate decision, price is the most important consideration. Please create a table of values and characteristics to quickly identify the best product for your needs!
Various tires fall in your budget list but it is upon you which tire you choose based on the price as well as the features and size it has.
Top 6 Best Tires for Ram 1500:
|Michelin Defender LTX M/S||Quiet and comfortable||Check Price|
|Falken Wildpeak A/T3W All-Terrain Radial Tire||Firm adhesion to the road||Check Price|
|Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus||8000 miles warranty||Check Price|
|Kumho All-Terrain Tire||Stability and excellent grip||Check Price|
|Goodyear Wrangler Tire||Universal fit type||Check Price|
|Cooper Discoverer All-season Tire||Standard limited warranty||Check Price|
The Michelin Defender LTX M/S has become one of those truck tires that can handle any situation. The successor to the LTX M/S2 boasts a slew of features that make it a compulsion for the vast majority of RAM 1500 customers.
Michelin guarantees a 10% longer tread life and stands as a top motorway, all-season tire option for Dodge Ram 1500 owners.
Colder temperatures will not affect the effectiveness of the more strong, more durable compound. For more accurate road traction, the symmetric pattern enables interaction between the tire blocks and 3D active sipes.
In wet weather, the many 3-D Active Sipes assist this tire to hold the road better than conventional truck tires. This tire is unique in that it is quiet, pleasant, and long-lasting, with a wear life of 70,000 miles (50,000 miles for LT versions).
It can handle some mild off-roading and provides the optimum blend of grip in both wet and dry conditions on the road. The predecessor to the well-liked LTX M/S2 boasts several enhancements that make it the greatest highway tire money can buy.
Because of its capacity to pull and haul while also providing the driver with good levels of adhesion, grip, and stability, this tire will satisfy the majority of RAM 1500 owners.
Size: 265/70R17 115T
Section Width: 265 Millimeters
Rim Width: 9 Inches
Load Capacity: 2679 Pounds
Tread Depth: 12 32nds
Load Index Rating: 115.0
- Quiet and comfortable ride
- 70,000 miles treadwear warranty
- Offers year-round traction
- Outstanding wet traction
- Not designed for deep snow driving
Why Choose This:
- It provides an exceptional grip on wet roads for shorter braking distances.
- It offers 10% more longevity than its previous models.
- The risk of hydroplaning is reduced as compared to its leading competitors.
- It is fuel-efficient and eco-friendly.
- It offers a 6-year standard limited warranty.
One of the greatest gravel tires is the Wildpeak AT3W. At the same instant, its finesse on the highway will keep you from feeling like you’re driving an AT tire.
Heat diffusers can be found on the sidewall. They’re what keep the rubber on this tire cool at highway speeds.
When transporting or towing extremely heavy loads, this guarantees the tire’s stability stays above average.
The AT3W’s adventure begins with an outer apex sidewall. This tire’s ultra-durability and resistance to damage or punctures are due to its ultra-strong sidewall.
It also serves as a heat barrier when traveling on the highway. Falken claims to be the most comprehensive in the A/T classification.
Sure, it’s a bold assertion, but it’s backed up by an army of traction blocks evident from the outside.
These qualities enable not just constant grip and handling over gravel, but also a smooth ride. They also aid in the expulsion of stones, reducing the danger of punctures.
Model: FALKEN WILDPEAK H/T HT02
Weight: 57.3 pounds
Dimensions: 32.5 x 32.5 x 12.5 inches
Section Width: 12.5 Inches
Load Capacity: 2205 Pounds
Tread Depth: 20 32nds
Load Index Rating: 108.0
Model No: 28037116
Tire Aspect Ratio: 12.5
- Excellent off-road traction
- Durable and strong
- Good on-road handling
- Consistent grip and traction
- Resists damages and punctures
- Noise at higher velocity
Why Choose This:
- It provides additional off-rock traction, at low tire pressures or in off-camber situations.
- 3D Canyon sipe technology provides additional handling stability.
- Heat diffuser technology in the lower sidewall dissipates heat to protect internal side components.
- The tire remains cool even during hard activity or towing because of the heat diffuser technology.
The Dueler H/L Alenza Plus from Bridgestone is a popular option for crossovers, SUVs, and pickup trucks. All-season traction, fuel efficiency, and overall driving comfort are all features you can expect.
Another wonderful feature of the Bridgestone is its durability: every model comes with an industry-leading 80,000-mile treadwear warranty.
The concept starts with a uniform pattern that increases grip while reducing road vibrations, resulting in calmer, more comfortable rides.
It’s made to give highway stability as well as long-term driving durability. Rain, snow, or sunshine, a methodical tread pattern keeps them steady.
It also makes driving more comfortable by dampening road vibrations. The tread pattern is also responsible for remarkable high-speed stability.
Tread Type: Non-directional
Special Features: Tread_wear_indicator
Model: Dueler H/L Alenza Plus
Item Weight: 35.8 pounds
Dimension: 30 x 30 x 9 inches
Item Model Number: 1464
Manufacturer Part Number: No
- All-weather traction
- Precise highway response
- Precise steering response
- Top limited tread life warranty
- Quiet and comfortable ride
- Short-distance breaking is an issue
- Not for deep snow driving
Why Choose This:
- These tires have proved to be very quiet and comfortable on the streets.
- They have the best touring tire truck.
- It delivers an all-season warranty and is fuel-efficient.
- It gives a crazy long life.
For certain drivers, highway tires are a must. This is the category to shop in if you spend most of your time driving long distances or simply want to get the greatest comfort and tread life out of your tire.
The Kumho Road Venture APT KL51 is the best highway tire for the Dodge Ram 1500.
It’s an all-season touring tire designed to efficiently service the SUV and pickup truck sectors.
Kumho has developed a one-of-a-kind all-season tire that prioritizes endurance and comfort while keeping performance characteristics such as traction and handling.
Winter and rain might give you headaches as the weather changes. For all-weather stability, this tire has a continuous rib along the length of the tire.
The tire’s center of gravity can be maintained with the rib in position, allowing for improved balance when driving.
Circumferential grooves, lateral grooves, and overlapping sipes all help with wet traction. The independent tread blocks combine these three features to offer the best winter performance product.
Short-distance braking becomes more dependable in the winter thanks to the sipes releasing additional bite granules on snow and ice.
Model: Road Venture AT51
Item Weight: 55.5 pounds
Dimension: 32.9 x 32.9 x 11.3 inches
Item Model Number: Road Venture AT51
Manufacturer Part Number: 2177903
- High-end warranty policy
- Sharp and precise cornering
- Evident steering improvements
- Overall tire comfort
- Winter breaks can be upgraded
Why Choose This:
- It offers a 60,000 miles tread-wear warranty.
- The tires offer stability and responsiveness. It also offers long treadwear and fuel efficiency.
- To eliminate road harmonics, the tread has a symmetric tread design and variable-pitch tread blocks.
When looking for a momentary spare, make sure the spare is the same size as your original tire for the optimum fit and riding quality.
In an emergency, it’s a good idea to have a backup plan, and the Goodyear Radial Spare is the most suited option for the Dodge Ram 1500.
A temporary spare differs from a regular spare in that the tread depth is shallower and the tire is lighter.
This makes installation and storage easier, but driving capability suffers significantly. Whenever driving on a temporary spare, vehicles suffer significant setbacks.
It includes self-cleaning capabilities, which should come as no surprise. Nonetheless, the lack of a treadwear warranty gives you a plausible reason to choose the Wrangler M/T over its competitors.
The asking price for the Wrangler MT/R might burn a hole in your wallet. However, you’ll be rewarded with long tread life, good off-road performance, and a sturdy structure.
This variant has a wrap-around layout that improves off-road traction. The Wrangler MT/R will keep you from losing traction whether you’re driving through thick mud, gravel, sand, rock, or any other sort of terrain.
Model: Wrangler TrailRunner AT(P
Tire Diameter: 33.0
Tread Type: Symmetrical
Item Weight: 42 pounds
Exterior: BSW: Black Side Wall
Dimension: 33 x 33 x 11 inches
Item Model Number: 741178681
- Lightweight construction
- Excellent traction
- Above average tread life
- Kevlar sidewall
- Superb mud terrain performance
- No treadwear warranty
- Doesn’t handle high speed
Why Choose This:
- It can be used both on wet and dry terrains.
- It has a long life and offers ever-lasting fuel conservation.
- It can be a bit noisy but has great cornering stability and steering response.
- It has a lightweight construction to avoid weighing down the vehicle.
The Cooper Discoverer HTP is built to provide all-season traction as well as a quiet and comfortable interstate ride. As a result, you can rely on this tire to perform admirably in both rainy and dry situations.
Even with the more powerful RAM 1500 models, traction is excellent, and grip and braking are among the finest in the class. It performs admirably in wet weather, particularly in terms of traction and braking.
For stability and responsiveness, the tire has interlocking 3D micro-gauge siping. Because of the zigzag sipes, it is simple to maneuver on icy, slick, and rainy roads.
The treadwear warranty for the Cooper Discoverer HTP is good at 65,000 miles, which is greater than most alternatives in the same price range. With this tire, road noise is kept to a minimum.
The tread block shape and computer-optimized profile ensure that the majority of road noise does not make its way inside the cabin.
The ride will also be vibration-free as long as the tread on this tire remains intact. The 3D Siping Technology in this tire has provided it with so many cutting edges that it will not fight for grip on the road.
Model: DISCOVERER H/T PLUS
Tread Type: Non-Directional
Item Weight: 44.2 pounds
Special Feature: Tread_wear_indicator
Dimension: 32.95 x 32.95 x 11 inches
Item Model Number: 90000002935
- No hydroplaning
- Excellent wet traction and braking
- Stable in dry conditions
- High-speed stability
- Comfortable on highways
- Poor light-snow traction
Why Choose This:
- These tires are cheaper than the premium alternatives.
- 3D Spin technology offers biting edges and prevents the tires from struggling for road traction.
- It has a silica-enhanced tread compound that enables stability and flexibility.
- It offers 6,500 miles treadwear warranty.